a bonfire of souls
Based in Málaga, Spain
Press / Business contact:
Quest To Aztlan
A BONFIRE OF SOULS is a young indie game studio based on Málaga (Spain). Their games focus on originality, immersion and narrative, creating exciting stories and gameplays. They also offer video game development workshops and talks.
A BONFIRE OF SOULS was founded in 2016 by Álvaro Anaya, David Báez and Antonio Fernández. Álvaro and David studied the 'Master Degree on Video Game Development' at the University of Málaga (UMA) and, after complete it, they decided to found their own indie game studio. Their professor, Antonio, decided to support them and take part in this project.After that
After founding A BONFIRE OF SOULS, they began to develop their first game: 'Quest to Aztlan', a RPG adventure for Android and iOS in which the player leads her own expedition to the lost city of Aztlan facing the dangerous monsters that protect the secrets of this ancient civilization. Now they are developing their second game, a terrorifing submarine experience for Virtual Reality devices. Meanwhile, they are teaching video game development workshops and colaborating on some research projects at the University of Málaga (UMA).
Quest to Aztlan - Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for a bonfire of souls, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Jury Prize for Run a Rune" - Málaga GameJam (Global GameJam), January, 2016
- "Game Design for Time Dungeon." - Málaga GameJam (Global GameJam), January, 2015
- "Most Innovative Game for Time Dungeon." - Málaga GameJam (Global GameJam), January, 2015
- "Una nueva visión del mundo de los videojuegos [ESP]"
- Joana Reina, Pez Magazine
- "La cantera de los creadores de videojuegos [ESP]"
- Ángel Recio, Málaga Hoy
- "Videojuegos para un futuro [ESP]"
- Melanie Stüber, Diario Sur
Master Degree on Videogame Design
'A bonfire of souls' collaborates with the University of Málaga (UMA). www.mastervideojuegos.uma.es.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Álvaro Anaya Marín
Game Designer and Artist
David Báez de Burgos
Game Designer and Programmer
Antonio J. Fernández Leiva
Advanced AI expert